Jeep TJ 4 Link Suspension Mount Kit / Skid
This is the new 4 link assembly for the frame side on a Jeep TJ. Building high quality fabricated products for offroad vehicles is the mission. The Motobilt Jeep TJ Four Link Suspension Kit consists of an assembly that mounts onto the frame and houses both the upper and lower links for the front and rear 4 link suspension. This kit was designed to make it easier to install 4 linked suspension by taking out the guess work.
The kit is fabricated from high strength CNC laser cut steel plate. The main bodies where the links bolt in and the skid are all 1/4 inch steel plate for ultimate strength. Some of the secondary plates to box in the link mounts and internal gusseting are 3/16 inch steel plate. The design comes to you fully welded and ready to install into the Jeep. Once receiving the kit you will be required to weld the parts in place. The parts are located very easily with the factory skid plate mounting holes.
- Jeep TJ Four Link Suspension Kit
- Front can be run as a 3 link with a track bar also.
- Main bodies 1/4 inch steel plate
- Secondary plates 3/16 inch steel plate
- Sold as kit
- Required welding the parts in place
- The Motobilt Jeep TJ 4 link kit is very simple to install. Once the factory spring hangers are removed you will bolt the link mount sections to the factory skid plate mounting locations. Then attach the skid plate we provide with the kit. This kit does require welding to the frame. It is NOT simply a bolt in kit.
- The Motobilt TJ 4 link mounting system can easily be modified to a front 3 link if required. Simply remove the upper link mount on the front not being used. We offer the track bar brackets that can be used also if running the front in a 3-link configuration.
- The kit was designed with a wheelbase range of 104 to 118 inches.
- The link mounts were built with strength in mind as they are completely boxed. The skid and main sections of the link mounts are 1/4" steel. The lower link mounts were designed with 1.25" x 1" rod ends with 1" x 3/4" high misalignment spacers. The mounting width of the lower link boxes are 2.63 wide. Johnny Joints with the same 2.63" mounting width can be used but may require weld washers to change the bolt hole size which is 3/4".
- The upper link mounts were designed for 7/8" x 3/4" rod ends with 3/4" x 5/8" high misalignment spacers. The uppers will not work with Johnny Joints. We chose the 7/8" rod ends to keep the mounts tight to the frame rails up front. By doing so it allows for a many different engine setups.
- (2) mounting brackets
- (2) spacers
- (2) skid plate mounting plates
- (1) skid plate
- (1) hardware kit
- 1.25 inch rod ends with 1 inch bolt hole for lower links
- 1 inch to 3/4 inch 303 stainless high misalignment spacers measuring 2 5/8 inches in width
- 7/8 inch rod ends with 3/4 inch bolt holes
- 3/4 inch to 5/8 inch 303 stainless high misalignment spacers measuring 1 3/4 inches in width
- 1997 - 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ and TJU
- Motobilt MB1517
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.