TJ 1 Ton Superduty 05 Plus Front Dana 60 Swap Kit With Daystar Bushings in OEM Locations
Artec Industries is excited to announce the TJ 1 Ton Axle Swap Kit For front 60 axles. This heavy duty truss and bracket system is designed to take serious abuse and reinforce your entire axle while also providing control arm, spring, anti-sway bar, and shock mounting locations. The 3/8 inch and 1/4 inch thick truss incorporates a unique design to strengthen both the axle and incorporate the link brackets For ease of installation and added strength. By incorporating the link mounts into the truss, hours of work and trial and error can be avoided when compared to other bracket systems. Simply tack weld the truss together, place it on the axle and all the other brackets fit into place exactly where they need to be.
- Sold as Kit
- Axle Model Year: 2005 Plus(Coil Sprung)
- UCA Mount Style: Adjustable Truss Upper Link Mount
- The Front 60 that works with this Kit is from Ford Superduty F-250 and F-350 trucks from model years 99-04 (leaf spring) and 05 plus (coil spring). This truss is not intended For older axles due to different differential offsets. Please ensure it is a 60 because these model years also had Dana 50 available. The casting or ID tag should say either 248 99-04 or 256 05 Plus.
- Extensive trimming of the factory differential casting will be necessary (see instructions). Other fabrication and modifications may be needed due to variances Inch lift Kits and other factors.
- Minimum of 4 inch lift required to run this Kit with likely modifications. 5 plus inches recommended.
- Due to the larger casting and offset on the 60 differential, many of the components are Inch slightly different locations than the factory positions.
- Note the following location differences from stock:
- Lower Control Arm (LCA) brackets are wider than factory location (41.5 inch Center to Center).
- Modifications to your Lower Control Arms or frame side LCA brackets will likely be necessary.
- If you have adjustable long arms with flexible Style joints (heims, Johnny Joints, etc) on both sides, modifications may not be necessary
- Upper Control Arm (UCA) brackets are 3 inches higher than factory so adjustable arms may be necessary.
- Not compatible with Radius Arm or Wristed Y-link Style suspensions.
- The coil spring perches are 1.6 inches wider per side than factory.
- The coil springs may bow slightly once installed.
- The shock mounts are 1.6 inches wider per side than stock to match the coil perches.
- The axle side shock brackets eliminate the bar pin and uses a normal .5 inch bolt.
- Swaybar bracket hole location is approximately 2.5 inch higher than stock.
- Modifications to Sway-bar may be necessary.
- Steering will completely change and new tie rod and drag link will be necessary.
- Changes to exhaust may be necessary if using 3-link Style UCA bracket.
- Modified or new trackbar will be required to allow proper steering geometry.
- Current factory and aftermarket trackbars are too long.
- SuperDuty 60 axles are 8x170mm pattern and Do Not Match the factory Jeep 5 lug wheel bolt pattern.
- New wheels will need to be purchased to do this swap.
- Brake and Steering components not included Inch this product.
- This will require bumpstop extensions and a new trackbar since the steering is different on this axle from factory axle.
- The trackbar bracket is higher than stock location to allow proper steering geometry.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.